Audit defense in Brampton
Over some 30 years, the team of H&T Accountant Brampton have had great success in defending our clients in their tax audits. An audit with a narrow scope is called a review. There are numerous types of Reviews or Audits. Here are few audit types that are more likely to happen:
- Payroll audit
- Personal tax return audit
- Pre-assessment review
- Proprietorship audit
- WSIB audit
Audit defense objectives
Provide maximum evidence of legality of claims: To achieve this we use many techniques including the following:
- We prepare and submit a comprehensive report.
- We state in the report the quotes from some experts in the field to support our position.
- We state in the report a pertinent court case, if we can find any.
- For small amounts disclosures we spend limited time preparing these reports. This is done to reduce your cost of defense.
Provide maximum evidence of authenticity of disclosures: To achieve this we use many procedures including the following:
- We prepare a comprehensive report.
- It includes a list of disclosures.
- The list states the location in the report of the substantiation document for each disclosure.
- This helps the auditor find any substantiation document instantaneously.
- The report includes proofs of payment, e.g. cancelled bank checks or credit card receipts.
- It includes any schedules we prepare to answer certain specific questions of the auditor.